Saturday, June 17, 2006

Review: X-Men:The Last Stand

The X-men franchise has always been enjoyable to me and this movie was no exception. I remember watching the cartoon as a kid with my brother, never got into the comic books, but loved the first two movies. I pretty much knew where the story for the third installment was going to go so I didn't have a problem with it like some did. I did think that the writing could have been better. The dialogue was way too saturated with those one liners that try get a laugh. C'mon, a few are ok but this was overkill. I really loved the beginning where you get to see a younger Charles Xavier and Eric Lencher. I heard Patrick Stewert and Ian McKellen wanted to make their computer enhanced appearances permanent. The special effects were great and Kelsey Grammer even pulled off a believalbe Beast. 4 out of 5 stars.

(Oh, and if you're sad that the series is over, don't be. Hugh Jackman has signed on to star in a Wolverine movie. Perhaps a prequel?)

No comments:

Followers