Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Review: Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

Sean Boswell (Lucas Black) faces jail or moving to Japan to live with his father. Once there, he finds an underground racing circuit whose special move is, what else, the Tokyo Drift.

Given that my expectations for this movie were extremely low, it was actually better that I expected. I might go far as to say that it was better than its predecessor Too Fast Too Furious. However, the original starring Vin Diesel is still the best in the series. The story was ok, but I did enjoy the fact that it was set in Japan and the differences the culture and place brought.

My favorite parts of the movie included:
Seeing Taran Noah Smith (the eldest Taylor boy from Home Improvement)
The cameo by Vin Diesel
The setting: Japan

2 out of 5 stars.


(Lightning McQueen and Doc from Cars also Drift. I believe they called it "turning right to go left.")

No comments:

Followers