Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Review: The Lake House

Alex and Kate begin a relationship through letters sent through the lake house's mailbox. However, Alex is living in 2004 and Kate is in 2006.

Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock are back together after starring in Speed (1994). I think they have a great chemistry in the this movie, even though I've always thought Keanu Reeves to be an awkward actor. The story in intriguing and who doesn't love movies involving time travel (even if it is through letters). They pull off the whole "conversation in the letters," which I think always works well. I thought it was a very enjoyable romantic drama, a genre you don't see much anymore.

My favorite parts of the movie:
the setting: Chicago
time traveling
their meeting in 2004

3 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

Val said...

Hehe... I think Keanu is an awkward actor too. ;)

Followers