Monday, July 21, 2008

Review:The Dark Knight


Batman (Christian Bale) is winning the fight against the mob in Gotham when a new upredictable villian, The Joker (Heath Ledger), appears.

WOW. This was a great movie. Superhero, action, drama, comedy... Heath was amazing as the Joker. Truely astounding. Oscar potential? Hmm, I don't know. I really can't see the Academy giving him a pothumus Oscar, especially for this film. We'll see though.

This movies had some definate twists and turns. The deaths and non deaths completely suprised me. The story was great, pretty deep for a comic book movie, but I guess that's what we've come to expect from Christopher Nolan's Batman. I hope the next movie can continue and not dive bomb like Spiderman 3. Coincedentally, this movie beat that movie's opening weekend record with $158 mil.

Lost connections: Lost's Richard Alpert (Nestor Carbonell), aka the guy that doesn't age, plays Gotham's Mayor in The Dark Knight.

My favorite parts of the movie:

Subtle bat sounds during the opening Warner Brothers logo
Joker's magic trick with a pencil
story

5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Followers