Saturday, July 07, 2007

Review: Live Free or Die Hard


John McClane (Bruce Willis) is charged with ferrying Matt Ferrell (Justin Long) to the FBI and finds himself trying to stop a cyber-terrorism plot.

This movie was far better than my expectations. The action was quite unbelievable. Plus, how many times really can McClane get the crap kicked out of him and still keep going? Yet, the plot was interesting. The comedy was fantastic. Plus, it starred Justin Long whom I've loved ever since his days in Ed.

The scenes with Kevin Smith as "Warlock" were hilarious. Any humor that involves Star Wars is the best. Warlock: "Boba Fett, are you a fan of the Fett?" McClane: "No, I'm more of a Star Wars fan." Kills me. Plus, Tuvok from Star Trek: Voyager, actor Tim Russ, makes a random appearace. I never see anyone from that show in anything else.

My favorite parts of the movie:

taking down the helicoptor
Warlock
the way Ferrell (Justin Long) talks, especially to the OnStar lady
McClane beating up a girl

4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Followers