Monday, December 11, 2006

Review: The Holiday


Iris (Kate Winslet) and Amanda (Cameron Diaz) are alone and depressed at Christmas. They decide to switch houses to escape their lives. Iris heads to L.A. and Amanda to England and the general meeting of their perfect guys ensues.

This movie was not quite what I expected, a lot more intelligent dialogue and far less comedy than imagined. Still cute though, but kind of boring. Despite the boringness, there were some things I enjoyed. I love the character of Iris. All the actors are great in this movie. Watch out for Dustin Hoffman's cameo.

I also love the fact the Amanda's profession is as a editor for movie trailers and throughout the movie "the movie guy" narrates her life like a trailer. Lots of fun.

My favorite parts of the movie:

Jack Black's singing
Jude Law's crying
cameos
general chick-flickyness
life trailers

4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Followers