Sunday, August 30, 2009

Movies I've seen since UP


Wow. I have been so bad about updating this. I don't think anyone reads it anyway so no big loss. Let's see...

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen: Long, more of the same, definitely could pick up on the racial undertones, not as funny. Just ok. 3 out of 5 stars.
Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs: More of the same. Cute, enjoyable. Ethan was awake during this so I feel like I missed a lot trying to get him to sleep. 4 out of 5 stars.
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: Lots of fun. I hate how they changed the Harry/Ginny relationship. The other changes I didn't mind. Not my favorite, but I think I need to watch it again to make a better opinion. 4 out of 5 stars.
GI Joe Rise of the Cobra: Just ok. Nothing special but it wasn't awful. 3 out of 5 stars.
The Time Traveler's Wife: Good, not as good as the book but a fair representation. The minor characters got left out a lot. I enjoyed this one. 4 out of 5 stars.
District 9: Great Sci Fi. Go see it. 5 out of 5 stars.

Movies I will have to wait and see on DVD: The Hangover, Monsters Vs. Aliens, Moon, The Proposal, Public Enemies, The Ugly Truth, Ponyo, 500 Days of Summer...

1 comment:

Val said...

I read here!!! And I really enjoyed The Proposal (we saw it this weekend with Up). It was a forumula Romantic Comedy to be sure, but it turns out, I like formula Romantic Comedies when they're done at least somewhat well. And I really enjoyed the cast.

Followers