Friday, April 13, 2007

Review: Blades of Glory


Chazz Michael Michaels (Will Ferrell) and Jimmy MacElroy (Jon Heder) team up to compete in pairs figure skating after being banned from the men's division.

Ah, I was ready for a good laugh after my first week at my new job and this movie didn't disappoint. Will Ferrell movies are just so stupidly funny and I was really in the mood for that. Consequently, I loved it. The physical comedy, the one liners, all the cameos. There were at least six professional figure skaters that made a cameo: Scott Hamiton, Nancy Kerrigan, Peggy Fleming, Brian Boitano, Sasha Cohen...and I can't remember the other one.

Great fun if your in the mood for a good laugh and don't mind getting slightly grossed out.

My favorite parts of the movie:

cameos
the phone conversation between Jimmy and Katie
Snowflake and the arrow
their Coach was played by Coach, Craig T. Nelson

4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Followers