Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Review: Superman Returns

After five years, Superman (Brandon Routh) returns to Metropolis to find that Lex Luthor (Kevin Spacey) is out of jail and Lois Lane (Kate Bosworth) has moved on.

This has everything you would want from a superhero movie. Brandon Routh (who looks very much like Christopher Reeve) makes for a great heroic Superman and a cute, bumbling Clark Kent. The story and writing are spot on. This is the movie Bryan Singer abandoned Xmen 3 for and I think it payed off. I wish just a little bit more could have been resolved at the end but I also thought the ending went a little long. However, my perception might be slightly skewed because I had a little too much Pepsi during the movie.

My favorite parts of the movie:
Lex Luthor's evil plot
The token line "It's a bird, it's a plane...
Brandon Routh's performance
Lois Lane's son playing Heart and Soul on the piano with the evil henchmen

5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Followers